How often should I clean my carpet?
Buying carpet can be quite expensive. And, because it can be a large investment, it is therefore important — to most people — that it stays in good condition for a long period of time. CleanPest is the affordable Brisbane carpet cleaning specialist that knows how to keep your carpets in tip top condition.
Daily use can cause heavy carpet soiling and wear in high traffic areas. This will contribute to shortening the life of the carpet, if it is not maintained properly.
Dirt and soil particles build up in the carpet over time from regular use. This build-up can cause significant wear, particularly in high use, high traffic areas. Imagine lots of small pieces of dirt being ground against the carpet fibres as you walk around. It’s like rubbing sandpaper against and into the fibres. Over time, this causes the carpet fibres to wear away. Regular vacuuming is the first step to help preventing this from happening.
There are, of course, a number of factors to consider when deciding how often your carpet should be cleaned. These all contribute toward keeping your carpets clean and in the best possible condition.
- Carpet Quality is one thing to consider. High Quality carpets usually have a higher density and will wear better than less expensive Carpets. The type of carpet fibre will also play a part. For instance, Nylon or Wool Carpet will normally wear better over time than Polypropylene.
- Do you have pets, such as Cats or Dogs inside regularly? If you answer yes, then you need to consider the extra soiling and bacteria that occurs with pets regularly using carpeted areas.
- The number of occupants in the dwelling can also have an effect on the overall condition of the carpet. Many feet cause more damage than a few feet.
- The wearing of work boots or hard soled shoes regularly on the carpeted areas can have an effect on the overall carpet wear over time.
- Living near the beach can contribute to sand build up from feet and shoes. Therefore, this may contribute to accelerated wearing of the carpet fibre.
It is important to vacuum your carpets very regularly to keep them in good condition. At CleanPest we recommend vacuuming at least once a week.
We recommend having your carpets Professionally Steam Cleaned once every 12 months. However, if you have a large family, or your pets are inside regularly, your carpets should be cleaned every 6 months to ensure the best possible maintenance.
CleanPest provides Professional Carpet Steam Cleaning in Brisbane, including Redcliffe, Rothwell, North Lakes, Burpengary, Morayfield, Deception Bay, Petrie and most Brisbane Northside suburbs.